Check out the new Tape Project website at tapeproject.com, now with online ordering. Inventory is updated every week, so stop by often to see what we have in stock.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Tape Project Albums - general / TP-008 and TP-011 back in stock
« Last post by High and Outside on July 18, 2017, 10:48:43 pm »
We have the Bill Evans and the Linda Ronstadt albums back on the shelves.

And a couple more will be ready soon.
Reel to Reel Tape Machines / A810 Studer firmware
« Last post by r2rguy1975 on June 30, 2017, 11:30:47 pm »
Hello I have just recapped an a810 and would like to know where I may be able to find
The three firmware bin files to upgrade its firmware. The current version installed 25/86.

I have backed these up to pc but have read there is a newer version 01/88. Can anyone
help to source this?

Thank you
Mark
Reel to Reel Tape Machines / Re: Revox PR99 MKII End Of Tape Sensor questions
« Last post by almandog on June 20, 2017, 12:07:07 pm »
I found the the answer: The problem is with the Tape Transport Board. Voltages that should measure 5V is at 22V on the the board. Two IC went bad. I am have purchased a replacement board and will repair the current board. I will let you know how it goes.
Reel to Reel Tape Machines / Revox PR99 MKII End Of Tape Sensor questions
« Last post by almandog on June 14, 2017, 09:14:27 am »
Hello:

I just received the End Of Tape (EOT) sensor kit (Transmitter and Receiver) for my Revox PR99 MKII. The function buttons won't engage, no response when pressed, and I have tried everything to no avail, so the next step is to check on the EOT sensor. Questions:
1. What is the orientation of the EOT sensor diodes, Transmitter on top or bottom?
2. How can you tell the transmitter from the receiver? The kit I received is not marked.
3. Which lead (Anode or Cathode) of the diode is attached to the Violet wire in the EOT sensor location (both top and bottom diode)?
4. What causes Tape Dump (tape spilling out) when the tape dump button is not engaged?

Thanks for your help.
Tape Project Machines / Re: Otari 5050 BII With Flux Magnetic Head
« Last post by docb on June 12, 2017, 05:54:54 pm »
The deHavilland preamp is based on Ampex designs and has that family sound. That may mean that it has been designed with the older high inductance heads in mind, but I don't know. At least in terms of how they work with a Tube Repro, the stock Otari head and and the Flux head both work just fine, of course with the Flux head sounding more extended and flat at the frequency extremes.
General Discussion / Re: TP-020 and TP-022 back in stock
« Last post by xcortes on June 05, 2017, 03:57:29 pm »
Both are amazing.
General Discussion / TP-020 and TP-022 back in stock
« Last post by High and Outside on June 05, 2017, 03:52:15 pm »
TP-020 Jimmy smith: The Sermon

TP-022 Creedence Clearwater Revival: Willy And The Poor Boys

Get 'em while they're hot!
General Discussion / Re: Reference 15-ips Tape List
« Last post by MylesAstor on June 05, 2017, 10:41:30 am »
Top tape list revision. A few new tapes added to the list and some new additions to the Bakers Dozen.

https://www.audionirvana.org/forum/the-audio-vault/all-things-reel-to-reel/104-the-best-of-the-best/page2
Reel to Reel Tape Machines / Re: Otari MTR-20 manual
« Last post by johnnytorch on May 31, 2017, 02:57:46 pm »
Hi,
I just picked one of these machines up as well.  1/2", four track.  The only thing wrong with it was broken wires on the dsub overbridge connector. 

If someone would be so kind as to give me a link to the service manual with schematics, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
John in Nashville, TN
Reel to Reel Tape Machines / Re: New member - with STUDER A810
« Last post by eugen_syd on May 27, 2017, 03:08:40 am »
Garry are you still alive????

EUGEN
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10